Friday 30 July 2010

Publius Licinius Crassus or Gaius Julius Caesar



This vignette, from 1st Corps, shows Gaius Julius Caesar with a lictor. This will be used to represent Publius Licinius Crassus on the battlefield. I’m knee deep in Colleen McCullough’s magnificent series of books on the Roman Republic. I’m reading the sixth of the seven currently in the series (The October Horse) and anyone who has read them will know that Caesar’s horse was called Toes.

If you have not read them and you have an interest in the ancient world, I can’t recommend them enough. This is, in fact, the third time I have read the series.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, I love the lictor, there are so many uses for them in my gaming system that I am always looking for them from manufacturers.
    VR
    James Mattes

    ReplyDelete